dashboard?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:13:34 UTC 2016

On Monday February 08 2016 12:47:38 Sven Brauch wrote:

> That sounds like a very bad reason to re-introduce the basically
> feature-free dashbaord ;)

I come from the opposite (admittedly user-oriented) side: using something that's basically an empty window is a perfect way to cover up another view that has certain unwanted features ... if there's no way to deactivate that view otherwise ;)

What I described is not a bug in KDevelop. Maybe in Qt (again, 4.8.7), but I have some reasons to believe that the actual bug might be in some kind of state handling in a platform library that gets unstable when the system is swamped.
(Said reasons include a personal patch that disables propagating events to widgets that aren't visible.)

R.