KDevelop 5 release date / windows build

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu May 7 12:25:23 UTC 2015

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 1:35 PM, Milian Wolff <mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 07 May 2015 12:37:53 Владимир Старосельцев wrote:
>>  Hello, Milian
>
> Hey there!
>
>> Can you say, when kdevelop 5 release date is planned?
>> I would like to try build it on windows to get something like
>> https://www.kdevelop.org/screenshots/kdevelop-5-pre-alpha-windows but I
>> dont found instructions and download link to sources of kdev5 yet
>
> Kevin, whom I CC'ed by sending this email to our mailing list, did the windows
> build back then. He'll be able to answer you. Please direct your questions to
> kdevelop-devel at kde.org in the future.
>
> Independently of the windows stuff, I guess the questions of having a first
> beta release or similar for KF5 is a good idea. What do the others think? What
> is still severely broken and must be looked into? Any blockers?

Hi,
I've been using the Qt5 version for almost a year now, and I'm not miserable.

There's some problems to look into, for example I had to stop using
kdev-oldcpp because it got lost parsing/processing QObject-based
classes. Also kdev-clang freezes from time to time. Also the cmake
support has obvious regressions because I overestimated my ability to
contribute to the cmake project.

OTOH, I'd say it's fine though for a Technology Preview kind of thing,
especially if it's going to help it start reaching to the other
platforms.

Cheers!
Aleix