QML 1 usage in KDevelop

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Jul 12 21:52:47 UTC 2015

Hey all,

we use QML 1 in two places currently in KDevplatform:

- the welcome page
- the assistant popup

The welcome page is disabled in KF5 - does anyone know why? The assistant
popup shows some more issues, like ALT + num not enabling the action reliably
anymore.

But I write this mail more because QML 1 is "dead" and should not be used
anymore. The welcome page we could easily port to QML 2, I guess. But I'm not
so sure about the assistant popup - does the current QML1 code rely on the
"good" interaction between QML1 and Qt Widgets? Or should it be easy to port
it as well?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff