Adding a new feature

Alexander Potashev aspotashev at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 10:49:40 UTC 2015

> Hello ,
>
> I  would like to add a new feature in Kdevelop which will allow user to
> Comment and Uncomment  using CTRL  + /  .This will work just for C++ files
> and will include both single line style and multi line style comments. I
> discovered this feature while using Sublime text editor and also found it in
> Qt Creator.

Hi Rishabh,

KTextEditor (and thus KDevelop) already has this feature.

The default keyboard shortcuts are Ctrl+D for Comment and Ctrl+Shift+D
for Uncomment. If you want the exact same behaviour as in Qt Creator,
go to Settings -> Configure Shortcuts and assign Ctrl+/ to the "Toggle
Comment" action.

--
Alexander Potashev