Compiler output toolview

Steffen Ohrendorf steffen.ohrendorf at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 06:14:06 UTC 2013

Hi,

I talked with a colleague about writing a plugin that gives a better display
of compiler messages. We concluded that adding such a functionality to the
OutputView is out of scope, so that we need a separate plugin for that - the
idea was to have the output parsed per input file so that e.g. warnings from a
header file which occur multiple times are detected and shown only once for
that particular file.

We are currently facing the problem of how to receive the output, as we
haven't seen a way to observe the messages that are sent to the OutputView. We
are aware of the problems that can appear due to different compilers and/or
localizations.

Any suggestions/ideas/complaints?

Greetings,
-- Steffen