welcome page woes

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Fri Apr 27 09:50:08 UTC 2012

Hey Aleix,

here some feedback (the other thread got too big already :P). Sorry I didn't
have time to check this earlier...

a) on ubuntu machines, one needs to install kdelibs5-experimental-dev
otherwise kdeclarative.h is not found. Can we get a proper cmake check for
that please and disable the welcome page otherwise?

b) I get this error:

Error loading component qrc:/code.qml:22 module "org.kde.plasma.components" is
not installed

Again, this should be detected somehow and the welcome page disabled
otherwise. Right now I just see a "white screen of death" which is worse than
the grey thingy before...

These two things are *crucial* and must be fixed ASAP otherwise people with
older KDELibs won't be able to compile KDev*, or if they can, it looks far
worse than before.

c) why is the code in kdevelop? should this not be in kdevplatform (for quanta
in the future e.g.)? Maybe making it a plugin would also make a) and b)
simpler.

More feedback once I can actually use it (i.e. if someone knows where to get
the plasma components from on ubuntu 11.10 with kde 4.7.4).

bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de