file lookup in project.cpp

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Sep 29 09:45:14 UTC 2011

Aleix Pol, 29.09.2011:
> Hi Milian! (and the rest)

Hey there! I've finally finished renovating my flat and should have some more
time the next weeks again :)

> I've just hit a crash when running KDevelop that's asserting in
> project/project.cpp:226.

This assert sounds quite valid to me. I mean how did we get a project item
which is not yet part of the model?

The assert is required as it ensures that the newishly fast implementation of
itemsForUrl works as intended.

> Any comments against moving the assertion to the if?

To what if?

> Otherwise the includepathcomputer.cpp:68 should check if the project is
loaded or something... I'd just do it myself but I have some major crashing
somewhere else and my head is not clear.

Can you reproduce this at will? If so, how? I'll have to dig into it and
understand what's going on. The only hunch I have right now would be session-
restoration reopening some documents on start, duchain kicks in but project
has not finished loading yet. This scenario is actually broken anyways as far
as I know, since it will parse the document without proper include paths most
probably.

bye

--
Milian Wolff