KDevelop 4.3

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Nov 20 23:16:01 UTC 2011

Hey all,

I'd like to get the discussion started on our next release. I've been doing a
bad job as a release dude for the last months I have to admit...

So, I think we should get 4.3 out as soon as possible, starting with a first
beta real soon.

The big question is, what is left to be done. Personally I started with going
through our bug tracker and fixing stuff. I hope you guys could follow suit and
help me there.

Furthermore I have to complete the C++11 support. While the current status is
already much better compared to 4.2 (the parser doesn't choke on many things
anymore), the DUChain support is still lacking. Esp. variadic templates will
be lots of work though and I wonder whether I can get this done anytime soon.

Secondly I wonder whether we can get the welcome page stuff into master and
hence 4.3. From a usability standpoint I am long awaiting this feature, esp.
for new users. Aleix, any idea on whether you could get this into release-
worthy shape in ~one month? Otherwise lets release 4.3 without it and have a
4.4 quickly afterwards.

Input?
--
Milian Wolff