Unstable plugins in extragear

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Feb 1 01:21:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 2:03 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 01.02.11 00:42:22, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > The move has been effective by the sysadmin team.
> >
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/playground/devtools/plugins
>
> Too bad.
>
> Even though its too late now (for now at least), whats the reason this
> is such a big pain? Is the problem that these plugins are being
> translated all of a sudden and they can't easily blacklist them? Or is
> there something else?

Yes, they translate anything that's in extragear, using the XML data
provided by projects.kde.org.
Anyway, it's not like the module location has a lot of meaning for us
anyway.

> I'm mostly interested so that we don't fall into the same trap with the
> next unusual layout idea in 1 year...
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of new
> developments.
>
> --

We won't fall into the same trap if we properly build our infrastructure
around playground for now.

Aleix

Note: Milian please, this should be dealt for Quanta as well!