Debugger stops program when stepping from the opening brace line to the first line of the function.

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:15:21 UTC 2011

Ok, gdb crashed:
kdevelop(3188)/kdevelop (gdb debugger)
GDBDebugger::GDB::processErrored: GDB ERRORED 1
(1 = QProcess::Crashed)

most probably a bug in gdb; my guess is because of the std::string
pretty printer - which you probably
don't use when you run in plain gdb.

To be sure you need to reproduce the bug:
- open GDB tool view
- right click and select "Show Internal Commands"
- Copy all Contents
- Extract the (blue) lines starting with (gdb)
- start gdb from commandline and execute exactly those commands
- post the output here

We had a similar bugreport shortly ago, but the reporter didn't manage
to reproduce
it in gdb. Hopefully you can :D

thanks,
Niko