Git Support ready-ness

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Mon Sep 6 00:45:16 UTC 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 5:02 PM, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed some more problems:
> - "Git commit" should be also usable to add untracked files. However,
> untracked files are only shown with git version 1.7, not with 1.6.

I suppose that's because you didn't have status, today I added the fallback
using ls-files for <1.7, it should work now, if it doesn't we'll just have
to tweak the call parameters (that it has a lot and maybe I missed some).

> - When I do "Git commit" with git 1.7 and then select an untracked
> file to be added, I get this error when trying to commit:
>
> /tmp> echo error: No files or message specified -n
> error: No files or message specified -n
> Command exited with value 0.

Hmm... I get that the file is unknown by cmake, I guess we should "git add"
the unknown files first, I'll do that tomorrow.