Rename Assistant

Olivier JG olivier.jg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:19:06 UTC 2010

On 11/02/2010 09:29 PM, David Nolden wrote:
> The rename assistant does work quite ok, I like it.
>
> However I've noticed a few glitches:
> - Most important: Other assistants don't disappear automatically any
> more (for example the "create declaration" assistant)
I don't think I did this. I'll check tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that
I noticed this before (and I can't think of anything I did that would
touch this). They don't disappear when you leave the line (the sigassist
does however, I believe).
> - Sometimes it happens that I change a name "a" to "b", then change it
> back to "a" through CTRL+Z, and when I change it to "c" the assistant
> always offers to change "b" to "c" rather than "a" to "c", and doesn't
> work of course. The only workaround is to trigger a rename-assistant
> in another position.
Hrm. Note that you shouldn't have to trigger a rename-assistant, just
insert/remove text anywhere in the view.

Thanks for feedback. Also, re sig-assist, any rough idea what it would
take to be able to get the type range thrown in during the building of
the DUChain? If it's something I can do in a day or two without any epic
restructuring, I'd much rather do that than turn the sigassist into an
ugly hack.

-Olivier JG