No feature-branches in the mainline repositories

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 19 07:56:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

This wasn't really mentioned before so I'll do it now. Feature branches
should not be published into our mainline repositories, but into your
personal or a team clone of the repositories. The reason is so that our
mainlines only contain long-living branches like the stable release
branches. Such a feature branch may be merged later on, but just as well
it could happen that its being deleted, in which case people tracking
the branch will run into problems.

You had some happiness once, but your parents moved away, and you had to
leave it behind.