The Code Bubbles IDE

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Mar 11 14:15:21 UTC 2010

On 11.03.10 08:30:31, Manoj Rajagopalan wrote:
> Hi kdevelop-devel,
>
>    The video demo is cool and I thought I'd share it with you all. This IDE
> looks a lot like a cut of the KDE baskets app but for code and I wonder if
> this is achievable, maybe as KDevelop 5?
>
>     http://www.cs.brown.edu/people/acb/codebubbles_site.htm

Looks cool. I don't quite see myself benefiting from it for normal coding,
there's too much mouse-interactions there and while writing up code for a
new feature or a longer bugfix I really only need a single editor (as I
can't multi-task anyway).

But the idea of seeing small portions of code (functions) next to each
other while stepping through code and debugging is really nice. That might
be really useful...

Communicate!  It can't make things any worse.