Release Plan

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Mar 1 11:18:47 UTC 2010

On 01.03.10 11:19:04, Niko Sams wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 21:34, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 10.02.10 22:32:30, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> as we're closing in (finally) on the 4.0 release, I'd like to make some
> >> more dates fixed so people can adjust to them and more importantly we
> >> have a place to point people to who ask "when is 4.0 going to be
> >> released". As I said before we won't be freezing for the upcoming
> >> development sprint, but I'd like to freeze shortly thereafter for
> >> features. I propose the following schedule:
> >>
> >> March 1st  - Feature Freeze, no feature-commits, only bugfixes.
> >>             i18n-changes related to spelling mistakes or bugfixes are ok
> >> March 3rd  - Tag and Tarball/Upload Beta9, last beta of KDevelop4.0
> >> March 5th  - Release Beta9 with official announcement on the dot,
> >>              including a short sketch of the final release
> >> March 31st - i18n Freeze and Tagging of RC1
> >> April 3rd  - RC1 release date
> >> April 14th - Tag and Release RC2 (no big announcement)
> >> April 28th - Tag Final
> >> May 1st    - Release 4.0.0 + kdevplatform 1.0.0
> >>
> >> Opinions? Objections? Unless I hear somebody screaming about this until
> >> Feb. 21st I'll put this up on our wiki or techbase (not sure which is
> >> better) and will let release-team and i18n-team know about.
> >
> > Ok, done now. The full plan is up on:
> > http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/4.0_Release_Schedule
> >
> > I've added us to the extragear techbase table too:
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/Extragear
> >
> What about kdevelop-plugins?
>
> Sould they have independet releases?

Whatever you want :) If you think all of the plugins in there will be ready
by may 1st we can do a combined release. Its your decision basically, also
wether you then want a kdevelop-plugins-1.0 or a separate package for each
plugin.

I'm not sure at the moment about possible translation issues though, do you
have Messages.sh scripts to extract the translatable texts? Do you even
have translateable texts in those plugins?

You have many friends and very few living enemies.