KDevelop 4.0.0, PHP, and XDebug

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Jun 15 21:54:41 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 15 June 2010 00:31:24 Paul Ellsworth wrote:
> As per the instructions found on
> http://nikosams.blogspot.com/2010/02/kdevelop-xdebug-php-debugger.html,
> I attempted to install executebrowser and executescript in order to get
> xdebug working with kdevelop (and hopefully let go of Netbeans).
>
> It appears that these files are built against KDevelop 3.9.98
> (kdevplatform 0.9.98) and not KDevelop 4.0.0 (kdevplatform 1.0.0).
>
> Here is the code generated when I attempted to make:

<snip>

> Is there any way to get them to work against KDevelop4.0.0?  I want to
> keep 4.0.0, but also want xdebug.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.  I am running Kubuntu 10.04 (Lucid Lynx).

Have you tried execute* from trunk? It looks like you are trying to build some
outdated beta from the xdebug stuff?

Try cloning this:
http://gitorious.org/kdevelop/quanta

Then go into the execute* and xdebug folders (building directly from Quanta
will not work against 4.0.0) and in each of those folders do the usual compile
steps.

Maybe that helps?

Anyhow, I'd urge you to use all that from master :P

> PS:  Awesome job with KDevelop.  Keep up the work (especially PHP)!

Thanks :)

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de