Adding new files to background parser

Milian Wolff milianw at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Wed Jul 14 16:45:01 UTC 2010

Hey there,

currently new files added to a project (cp, git checkout, ...) are not added to
the background parser, even when the user wants the whole project to get
parsed.

The setting would be:

    KDevelop::ICore::self()->activeSession()->config()->group( "Project
Manager" );
    return group.readEntry( "Parse All Project Sources"

But that is currently only used privately in ProjectController (note: _not_
IProjectController). Is there another way to get that setting, or should I
make that setting public from the ProjectController?

Then I could add it to the GenericManager, not sure about CmakeManager.

Actually listening to the ProjectModels signals inside the background parser
directly and honoring the setting would of course be even better, but I wonder
when the sig/slot connection should be setup. Right now there is this

        KJob* parseProjectJob = new KDevelop::ParseProjectJob(project);

setup in the ProjectController, which would of course lead to doubled adds (I
know the background parser can cope with that, but it's just unneeded
overhead, isn't it?).

Bye
--
Milian Wolff