Making launch configurations more usable

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Feb 25 11:56:42 UTC 2010

Hi,

 what would make the launch configuration much usable is:

1) create a default launch automatically. Eg. in case of cmake projects,
it could be the first executable from the first buildset.
2) add a default dependency to build for launch. The default action can
still be No Build (although I'd use a dialog asking to build with a
"don't show again" box), but there should be a target filled in, again
could be the first buildset.

In complex projects those might not be good defaults, but for simple
cases they should be and would make KDevelop more user friendly.
I spent quite some time until I figured out that it is not enough to
select Build as the dependency, but I also need to add some target
there.

Andras