KShell meta-char error in execute plugin

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 21 11:45:47 UTC 2010

On 21.02.10 12:27:28, Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all, I just tried this:
>
> kdevelop --debug gdb php-parser --debug --code '<? class a {} $a = new a; $a-
> >'
>
> But I get: A shell meta character was included in the arguments for the launch
> configuration 'Debug php-parser', this is not supported currently. Aborting
> start.
>
> Any idea why we forbit meta chars or what the meta char in the above code is?
> I don't see any problem with it, the < / > are in a string so not a meta char,
> right? Maybe a bug in KShell?

For for clarity: One reason you might get this (but that doesn't apply
to this particular case), is if you pass an argument which would need a
real shell to be working (I think the {} are causing this). Of course in
this case the string should be simply passed literally as one argument.

You are sick, twisted and perverted.  I like that in a person.