vcsjob starting to output too early

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Fri Aug 20 12:38:44 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 19.08.10 14:00:25, Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > view

> don't
> so
> > > we
> depend
> > > on

> it's
> > > the
> we
> > > can
> it
> > >
> > > Can you elaborate with a patch? I can't follow your explanations (maybe
> > > its just too early) :(
> >
> > Sure, maybe mine was too late :P
> >
> > Hope that helps!
>
> Thanks, see my other mail regarding the vcsjob-changes. But I don't
> understand the new action the patch adds. Whats the purpose of that?
>
> Andreas
>
> --
> Beware of low-flying butterflies.
>
> --

Ah nono, it was just a way to get the information to the view without
changing everything. We definitely want to put it into a widget, I just used
that because I didn't know where to and was in a hurry to get my things
fixed and without that I got tons of weird behaviour (like empty views that
I didn't know where did they come from).

That's why I didn't send a patch the first time.

Can you propose a way to fix that problem?

Thanks,
Aleix