Laying down the maintainer-hat

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Apr 11 08:40:11 UTC 2010

On Saturday 10 April 2010, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Again, I'm sorry, but I need to do this for my own (mental) health.
> >
> > Andreas
>
> As said, this is bad news. I appreciate your work, both by quantity and
> quality. Thank you!
>
> Said that, I think that maybe we should reconsider to get back in KDE when
> things are stable again. If releasing ourselves is such a big deal we want
> to have that done. We are all technical people and I think we all prefer to
> center on our code and features more than on such management, but we don't
> have to decide that now, of course.

Maybe you could try to find somebody on kde-promo to help with/do the
announcement stuff, IOW somebody who would become the kdevelop-promo person ?

> Anyway, thanks for your dedication, I hope we'll find the proper place of
> everyone in the kdevelop team.

Same here :-)
Actually, I was hoping that I could pass a part of the buildsystem maintainer
hat to you. I guess it looks bad for that right now ;-)

Alex