a litle kdevplatform view bug

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 7 22:05:28 UTC 2010

On 20.03.10 10:38:53, Кириченко Георгий wrote:
> sorry, i am do't use splited view before, this is new patch:
> Its work as
> 1) document has one remaining view
>   => ask to save and close
> 2) document has more views in the current area (example: split
> window)
>   => no need to ask, still have at least one more view visible
> 3) document has more views in another area in same workingset
>   => ask to save and close in all areas
> 4) document has more views in another area in another workingset
>   => no need to ask, still have at least one more view visible

I've got around to finally test this. It seems to fix the data-loss bug
that we have where cancelling an accidental close doesn't give you back
the view.

There's only one problem with it:

1. Ctrl+N to open a new file
2. Switch to debug area
3. click on the workingset icon from code area to open the same
workingset in debug area
4. change the file
5. hit ctrl+w to close the file
6. Choose either yes or no

Both have wrong behaviour, no asks you the same question again. Choosing
yes gives you an error message about a malformed url (which is an
unrelated bug) and then also asks you the question again. Only cancel
works properly.

Keep emotionally active.  Cater to your favorite neurosis.