KDE/kdevplatform

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Sep 18 10:44:05 UTC 2009

On 18.09.09 12:11:45, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Freitag 18 September 2009 09:44:38 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > - after clicking commit I get a message box which contains the list of
> >   files and the commit message again. Thats one msg box too much and
> >   more importantly its far too small to be usable, half of the text is
> > cut
> >   off
> Here it's big enough, I though KMessageBox would resize the box appropriately.

My trunk/kdelibs is a bit old, but for me it didn't resize it properly.
However we can easily do a custom dialog using a QTextBrowser,
especially since as you said there might be many items. KMessageBox has
a very bad history of resizing itself larger than the screen is...

> I think that message box is required, as the "Files" list containing the
> checkboxes is very small, and may contain really a lot of items. It's not
> possible to see them all at the same time, and it's not possible to see those
> that are scrolled far away.

True.

> Also, this added safety allows us to remove the whole "Compare to Base"
> action, and join it with "Commit" into one "Review and/or Commit" like action.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea indeed.

> > - I did get a floating toplevel window after hitting continue in the
> >   box, so thats not yet completely fixed
> > - Double-clicking an entry in the changes-list should open that
> >   change/hunk, the show button is just "too much work".
> That's how it is: Double-click an entry in the changes list, and it will open
> that file.

Didn't work for me here, or maybe it doesn't activate the document if
its already open?

There is a 20% chance of tomorrow.