on documentation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 31 22:43:05 UTC 2009

On 31.01.09 17:13:56, Aleix Pol wrote:
> I was thinking on kdevelop 4's documentation support. I've been checking
> some of the code we have in playground. It is quite disappointing to see
> that much of the code there is just oriented to support many many
> documentation formats but real actual integration.
>
> I think it would be nice to have proper integration support. For now doxygen
> and qt assistant would be nice, or maybe just assistant (since most of it
> could be used by getting it from Qt's assistant, QHelpEngine).
>
> What I think it would be important would be that this documentation support
> could be (easily) integrated with the DUChain. That would mean to be able to
> identify classes and method names and relate them to the proper
> documentation pages and show c++ reference if using c++ and Qt, and pyqt's
> doc if using python.
>
> What do you think about it? Is there any work to do so already done?

<with my developer hat on>: I fully agree to the idea and the plan that
you and David have layed out so far looks ok.

With my maintainer hat on I do have to point out (just a little ;) that
it would be nice getting the plugins that we already have in the core
modules to work properly before starting new ones...

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.