[apaku at gmx.de: Re: KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/contextbrowser]

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 24 00:59:55 UTC 2009

David nolden wrote:
> Am Samstag 24 Januar 2009 01:26:26 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
>> And the obvious question would be, isn't making one app behave
>> differently a usability violation?
>>
>> Better yet, /why/ should it be changed for only one app?
>
> So you prefer consistent applications over working applications?

You'll pardon me for not knowing what "magicModifier" is (something
kate/kdevelop-specific?), but I prefer not circumventing DE convention,
which is what you seem to be doing.

Again. What makes KDevelop special that it can ignore the DE conventions
used by every other app?

(Btw, I have the "Usability Nazi" hat on, in case you didn't notice.
Don't take it /too/ personally :-).)

--
Matthew