KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/projectmanagerview

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 18 23:16:09 UTC 2009

On 18.01.09 23:54:30, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Sunday 18 January 2009 23:46:46 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > If there's nothing better than "window-close" we shouldn't have an icon,
> > until the artists have created one for us. IMHO.
>
> Imo we should look at the default oxygen icon for window-close, then decide
> whether it looks ok for the task, and if it does, mark the occurence with a
> todo and leave it.

No, thats a workaround, and those tend to stick.

> Having an icon that is at least semantically similar is better then having no
> icon at all, I like icons. It definitely has to be unique in the context
> though.

The problem is that the icon says "closing a window" and you now apply it
to a completely different action. That confuses people more than having no
icon in the first place.

Its already bad enough that the usage of my hand-crafted run-install and
run-clean spreads. Before more icons get copied and/or invented by us,
please lets assemble a list of things we need and lets (me) talk to the
artists to get them.

Don't plan any hasty moves.  You'll be evicted soon anyway.