Start page for KDevelop 4

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Feb 23 20:04:55 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009 20:54:30 Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Sunday 22 February 2009 07:27:49 Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> > Heya again!
> >
> >   Right, i've gone over the last bout of feedback, and especially
> > pondered on what mattr said about the news pane. As such, the following
> > is what i came up with:
> >
> >   http://leinir.dk/temp/kdev-startpage/
> >
> > - The news pane is no longer enabled by default, and a what's this
> > information pane has replaced the news pane dialogue that took up so much
> > space before in the first run view. It includes an rss feed link, which
> > people are supposed to be able to just add to their akregator or whatnot,
> > so the same news can come to them through other channels than kdevelop
> > (mattr points out that the IDE is for programming, other programs are
> > better at handling news) - The possibilities and sessions panes in the
> > large layout (news enabled) have switched positions
> > - The "New to progamming?" element was added to the Possibilities list.
> >
> >   The "Coming from another IDE?" element is still there, but being what
> > it is can easily be removed if the data it points to is not ready for 4.0
> > (it's just a simple link, !-- -- would be all needed to remove it
> > temporarily ;) )
> >
> >   i do believe we're getting somewhere here... :)
>
> Love it!

  Neatness! :)

> Does the scrollbar go away if the screen is wide enough?

  No, the layout is fixed-size (the reasoning is that the hidden items are
less important, and specifically that it is only interesting to the people who
actually want to configure the IDE, and that those most likely are also the
ones curious enough to scroll the dialogue ;) )

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-