toolbar icons

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sun Aug 9 16:12:46 UTC 2009

David Nolden, 09.08.2009:
> > So you want to do a poll?
>
> No just hear some more opinions. Since we're talking about default settings
> here, I think it is important to combine the preferences of many, instead
> of just you and me.
>
> Unfortunately most don't seem to be interested in this discussion, probably
> because you can just change the settings. But defaults are important, as
> they make up the first impression, and you never get a second change for a
> first impression.

You are right in that regard: I don't really think that you should spent that
much energy on something like that... Sure defaults should be sane and stuff
but really,  one of the huge advantages of using KDE is that you can adapt so
much things to your likings.

I used to have no toolbars at all in kdevelop. But now i tried your two
lineedits and have to say that I like them:

The quickopen line makes the whole quickopen experience nicer imo, I hate
modular dialogs.

And the context line is useful for big functions.  But any buttons I'd have to
hit with my mouse are totally useless imo, but that's only because I know
KDevelop and know the shortcuts. So I think for new users having some buttons
in there is fine. With or without text, just use the system default...

But would it be possible to make the context line configurable like the normal
toolbars? I don't need the next/prev context buttons nor that enable/disable
source browse mode (what does that even do?!).

--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de
http://milianw.de