Debugger in trunk/ vs. playground/

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Apr 13 10:26:03 UTC 2009

On 13.04.09 10:12:43, Niko Sams wrote:
> SVN commit 953054 by nsams:
>
> - Add a Common Debugger Infrastructure to kdevplatform. This is only the beginning
>   as it only provides debugger actions for now.
> - Port gdb to that Common Debugger Infrastructure
>   Ported: actions, stack-model

Hmm, what do we do about the one in playground? Vladimir, will you have
time in the next say 3 months to bring the gdb support in trunk/ into a
state where:

 - start a c++ app
 - stop at a breakpoint
 - stepping (including single-step, step-into and step-out)
 - interrupting an app
 - showing stackframes+threads in a toolview
 - showing variables in a toolview
 - executing gdb commands from the gdb window
 - debug an app more than once without restarting

will work? (Note, I'm not saying any of these don't work, I didn't test,
this is just a list of things that IMHO need to work for the next beta).

If you don't have the time please let us know asap so we can port back
the relevant changes from the debug-framework from trunk to the
playground gdb-plugin and switch the two again.

Don't look now, but the man in the moon is laughing at you.