Nightly test runs from 2008-10-23_01:15:01

M Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:52:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 23.10.08 03:26:53, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>   Nightly unit test run results from 2008-10-23_01:15:01:
>>
>> KDevPlatform:
>> Detailed results can be found on: http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=KDevPlatform
>
> Just in case nobody noticed: We have 2 dashboards now for KDevelop and
> KDevPlatform. Both are on http://my.cdash.org. Alexander Neundorf our CMake
> Guru set them up, thanks to him. This means if a test fails you don't need
> to ask me for detailed data, you can instead just go to the dashboard and
> see the complete output there.
>
> I'll setup my private linux box soon to also do nightly test-runs and
> possibly 1 or 2 windows boxes. So as before, all we need to do is _write
> more automated tests_.
>
> Andreas

Neat! After a bit of a struggle with ctest-configs yesterday I ended
up submitting coverage info for kdevplatform, or at least veritas. I
also wanted to migrate those '-mem-' tests to the dynamic-analysis
bit, but ctest is not expressive enough for my needs.

These nightly build mails are definitely still useful but personally
I'd change 2 minor things.  Include the submit date in the 'Detailed
results' url like so:
http://my.cdash.org/index.php?project=KDevelop&date=2008-10-24 . And
two only show the failures, the passed ones blur the real info. CTest
stores them in Testing/DashType/LastTestsFailed.log anyway.

Manuel