Custom range for CodeCompletion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Nov 30 21:33:03 UTC 2008

On 30.11.08 21:08:44, David Nolden wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. November 2008 20:56:36 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> > So you can commit this into kdelibs after the 4.2.0 branch has been created
> > but libaries/plugins in kdevplatform/kdevelop cannot use this until after
> > the first release (unless the first release comes after the KDE 4.3.0
> > release).
>
> Can you point me at the exact rules?
>
> On the release-plan it's written that "only bug fixes" are allowed,

Right, preferrably with a bugnumber.

> but not that this can not involve changed/added interfaces.

I thought that there was also a freeze for new API, but I can't find
anything on techbase right now.

> This patch is not really a new feature. It allows better control of the
> code-completion, which will be used to fix several bugs,

So its something new, that will enable you to fix bugs, its not a bugfix
itself. Anyway, its not me who has to judge on the "include in 4.2" part,
thats up to kde-core-devel and/or kate-devs.

> I would as well like KDevelop 4.0 work nicely with KDE 4.2, since that's
> probably what'll be out on the release. But in order to fix several issues,
> this interface is needed(A single signal would have worked as well, but we
> decided that it was too ugly). So you think there is a way to get this into
> KDE 4.2?

See above: ask kate devs+kde-core-devel ASAP.

Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.