Suite organization

Manuel Breugelmans mbr.nxi at gmail.com
Mon May 26 22:10:54 UTC 2008

Kdevelop has a wealthy set of tests. However I'm not convinced that they are
being used optimally.

Currently you cannot tell if a test just broke or if it is 'known to fail -
will fix later'. Also there's no distinction between tests which verify a
single part (aka unit tests) and those that verify a combination (aka
integration tests, eg gui ones).

I suggest simple tagging of the cmake test targets. A failing test could be
suffixed with '-fail-<name(s)-of-failing-method(s)>'. Unit tests could be
prefixed with 'ut', integration ones with 'it'. This is particularly useful
since Ctest allows for inclusion/exclusion of tests in a run based on
regexes. I'm following this naming convention for my tests ... feel free to
adopt it.

Manuel