Valgrinding kdevelop to find bottlenecks

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 21:02:11 UTC 2008

Hi,

today at work I tried to produce some valgrind logs (with callgrind) to
find the various "bottlenecks" we have (cmake project loading, opening
subtrees in the project manager, outputviews with large amounts of
output). Unfortunately I seem to be unable to interpret those logs using
kcachegrind. Somehow I don't really find the right information.

So as I know some of you are using valgrind heavily I'd like to ask
those wether they have some good tutorials/pointers for to find some
more information how to do this kind of profiling.

You are going to have a new love affair.