Buildtool: Getting the url from any target

Aleix aleixpol at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 20:25:17 UTC 2008

Hi list,
in a previous message we spoke about making a difference for the test
targets so that we had a way to get a test and its url.

Going forward with the idea, I thought that maybe it would be nice to be
able to get the url from any target. Afterall it would be the same work, so
it would be nice.

I have been speaking about this with apaku in the IRC and we didn't get to
have a good API for it so we decided to discuss it here with calm and
harmony. :) The main problem is that, as apaku said, in some platforms a
target can have more than 1 url. I don't really see the problem, but I'll
let him to make it clear :P.

My initial idea was something like:
KUrl IBuildSystemManager::targetUrl(ProjectTargetItem*) const

Well, any complaints here.

Thanks,
Aleix