KDE/kdevplatform/language/duchain

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 18 11:49:50 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 18. Juli 2008 12:56:50 schrieb Hamish Rodda:
> Surely we can re-engineer this so that the Core instantiates DUChain,
> rather than it being its own global static... problem solved?
> (ICore::self()-

Not really. The problem is that for example the several repositories are
created statically, and at the moment they are created, they need to know
from where to load their data from.

The easiest solution would probably be just using an implementation of
KLockFile that also works without a KComponentData. The other option would be
creating the repositories and all their uses in static functions, but I
prefer fixing the problem in one place, instead of many places. Apart from
that I don't like creating all those static functions, when what we actually
need is just a static object.

Btw. I have already tried creating a temporary KComponentData and using that
for KLockFile, but then KDevelop doesn't initialize its user-interface
properly.

Greetings, David