struggling to build KDev4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 14:26:09 UTC 2008

On 22.08.08 15:59:36, Marek Jasovsky wrote:
> Andreas, is this some typo, or you really mean that I should build
> WHOLE KDE4 from scratch, to some temp dir and then use this build to
> run kde apps?

Not _all_, just strigi,phonon and kdelibs (IIRC all other kdelibs deps
are available as packages). Then kdepimlibs, kdebase and
kdevplatform+kdevelop.

And yes you have to use those to run kdevelop similar to how you run
kde4 apps in a kde3 desktop because you can run kdevelop against kde4.1

You will inherit some money or a small piece of land.