Cannot configure with cmake

Sun Aug 3 18:16:58 UTC 2008

On Sunday 03 Aug 2008 5:25:03 pm Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 03.08.08 10:16:14, Kishore wrote:
> > On Sunday 06 Jul 2008 5:43:54 pm Kishore wrote:
> > > Im unable to configure a cmake project with kdev4. When i select the
> > > build folder all options are grayed out including the run button. But
> > > text at the bottom asks me to click on run.
> >
> > I don't get this. How does this work? Sometimes i have gotten the message
> > that the folder is an existing build folder and offers to use the same
> > and other times it refuses as mentioned above and only offer to "Run" in
> > an empty folder. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Currently, i want to import projects from my already existing kde build.
>
> Its quite easy, either use an existing builddir of a kde module or use
> an empty existing directory or give a non-existing directory.
>
> Note that cmake support doesn't allow to use subdirs inside a kdemodule.
> So if you have koffice checked out and a builddir for it you need to
> import the whole koffice and point kdevelop to the builddir of koffice.

Ah yes! That's exactly what i was trying to do. It never crossed my mind that
i should try the root directory. I was avoiding the root directory as i was a
little concerned about the memory/disk impact that kdevelop would make if i
included the whole of say, kdebase. But i guess ill try that now anyway.

Thanks again.
--
Cheers!
Kishore