Ship KDevelop4 with KDE 4.1? [was: KDE 4.1 Alpha1 with KDevelop]

Evgeniy Ivanov powerfox at kde.ru
Wed Apr 30 13:18:58 UTC 2008

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 April 2008 10:43:52 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>
>> On 24.04.08 19:29:40, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Dirk tagged KDE 4.1 Alpha 1 today and included KDevelop with it, so we
>>> now do have our first alpha release :)
>>>
>>> However I think we should tell the release-team that we don't want
>>> further KDE 4.1 releases for KDevelop4 or does anybody think we might
>>> get into usable shape for 4.1?
>>>
>> Maybe the new subject attracts more responses. I think we're all on the
>> same page that a release for KDE 4.1 won't happen, but I'd like to get a
>> few more "yes you're right" responses before mailing the release team
>> about it.
>>

> Per http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.1_Release_Schedule message freeze
> is on May 20. Well, I don't think we're in position to make this :-(
>
> - Volodya

AFAIK kde-ru (and some other teams) often ignores KDevelop translation
because it's still in development (of course KDevelop is not the only
application that was ignored).
Andreas, I think it's much better to appear in next release but fully
armored.
I didn't follow users discusions about KDE4, but my friends don't like
it (too many things still should be done and most of users doesn't want
to understand it's in development).

--
Best Regards,
Evgeniy