kdevelop: lag in large projects

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 16:48:30 UTC 2007

On 05.11.07 14:04:16, Roesner, Thomas wrote:
> today i've installed the latest version of kdevelop. The lag in large
> projects seems to be shorter than before while changing a short file,
> but in a large file (10k lines of code) the lag is still very
> uncomfortable.

With latest version, do you mean compiled yourself from svn? If not I
suggest to either wait until the next release or compile the svn
version. Recently we changed some miscommunication between c++ parser
and plugins which led to complete re-creation of things like the class
tree or the navigational toolbar.

If you already use the svn version, I guess you're pretty much out of
luck without some more information. I particular a valgrind log might
help spotting the places where improvements should be made.

Save energy: be apathetic.