[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed May 9 16:56:00 UTC 2007

On 09.05.07 17:52:43, David Nolden wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 17:18:02 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 09.05.07 17:00:30, David Nolden wrote:
> > > To count how often an entry is triggered, "Navigate by Foo" should be the
> > > same as "Navigate by Bar" in the statistics.
> >
> > Then the QActions need to have a proper object name. Also thats a really
> > bad example, I don't want to see this navigate by stuff in the context
> > menu (except jump to def/decl)
>
> You're aware that you can shut that navigation-menu off in the c++-support if
> you don't like it aren't you?

Yes.

> For me it's the only part of the context-menu that I use often, and I think it
> belongs exactly there, at least as long as there's no better alternative,
> because it allows you to navigate through code using only the mouse.

I just saw that I misunderstood :) I was actually meaning the Go To
Decl/Def submenus which expand to 1200x1200 pixel on KDev4's
projectmodel.cpp.

The navigation menus are not that problematic (although I think the
classview-version is not needed anymore, as classview can be hooked to
the editor position), but I seldomly use the mouse in kdev3 for code
navigation. Especially since we have shortcuts for jump to
declaration/definition.

Also I just see that the navigate by menu doesn't work, having a
d-variable it tells me to navigate by QFontPrivate* d and not the
proper ProjectBaseItemPrivate*.

Executive ability is prominent in your make-up.