[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue May 8 17:18:20 UTC 2007

On 08.05.07 12:28:50, Adam Treat wrote:

> > > Please consider the situation when you want only one action added to the
> > > menu. In this case it would be not nice to create a submenu with exactly
> > > one action.
> > >
> > > Jens
> >
> > It would be nice if the context-menu could(at least optionally) be build
> > dynamically, considering what action-groups are used most often.
>
> Forgive me, but this strikes me as ridiculous.  You really want to build your
> GUI dynamically via some smart algorithm?

We're building the context menu dynamically anyway, so adding some
algorithm isn't that problem...

> Can you even imagine how hard it
> will be to coach new users through the program or put up a FAQ considering
> that their GUI might be very different from yours based on their usage
> patterns?

Uhm, the context menu is dynamic and as it currently stands the order
cannot be fixed, unless we sort the entries by alphabetic order. Else
the order will be the loading order of plugins.

As far as I know this is also true for the KDev3 context menu.

Hope that the day after you die is a nice day.