[RFC] Context-Menu Handling in KDevelop4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon May 7 20:09:34 UTC 2007

On 07.05.07 14:20:19, dukju ahn wrote:
> 2007/4/3, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>:
> > A plugin can't just add actions for a Context, it needs to know the
> > actual url of the file (in case of a FileContext) to add the right
> > actions. So we'd end up with a signal again, in which case I don't see
> > the benefit from using the actionCollection, except that we don't allow
> > plugins to remove from the menu, only add new actions.
>
> Yes. In addition, signal approach allows more dynamic contextmenu fillout.

Its not really about signal or non-signal. Its about not handing the
KMenu* to the plugins, only allowing them to give a list of actions that
should be inserted into the menu.

I'm not sure yet how to trigger this, but ideally I'd like to get a
QList<QAction*> from each plugin and eventually a QString. Then the
context menu will have an entry with the QString that has as a submenu
the list of actions.

> Any objection? If no objection, I'll be the one who will implement
> this upcomming weekend.

Yes from me. Also I hope to burry you and Robert in VCS work until the
weekend ;)

Beware of Bigfoot!