[KDev4] VCS Integration

dukju ahn dukjuahn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 18:36:40 UTC 2007

2007/3/14, Alexander Dymo <dymo at ukrpost.ua>:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2007 15:08, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Well, having had a short look at the C-API that subversion provides I
> > think it may be a good idea to use an API that is a bit more high-level.
> > And using the RapidSVN c++ lib means an external dep too.
>
> Yes, high level library is good to have. But it's not really necessary to have
> dependency. kdesvn has a library called svnqt which I guess is their port
> of rapidsvn. We could have a copy of svnqt in our repository too.
>
> If we will not have a copy of svnqt, we will most likely write our own qt/c++
> wrapper around svn anyway.

But in my humble opinion, smaller is better. svnqt depends on rapidsvn c++
which again depends on real subversion libs.

Some people might think that subversion library is very low-level.

But it is very flexible, fairly object-oriented, and portable. and
well-documented.
At first glance svn lib looks strange and difficult, but anyone can
become familiar easily. There is some common pattern in this library.

I already implemented logview using only svn native API and it is proved
that subversion native API can be used inside KDev4 using thread.

I don't feel any need to use wrapper around svn API. Maybe we can
discuss later.