How to get a pointer for mainwindow?

Alexander Dymo dymo at ukrpost.ua
Mon Mar 12 11:36:54 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 March 2007 09:55, dukju ahn wrote:
> Plugins can have access to ICore, and through ICore, IUiController
> can be accessed. But activeMainWindow() or defaultMainWindow()
> only exist in UiController, which the plugins does not have access.z

Yes, those methods are not exposed in IUiController. Could you please
tell me why do you need mainwindows so we can decide whether to
expose that stuff or not.

> I looked up the KDevelop3 source code. At kdev3, ICore(KDevCore) emits
> contextMenu signal. Does the framework API is changed?
Context menu stuff in kdev4 doesn't work at all now. The old one wasn't that
bad, but some people were thinking about having the new one.
IIRC there was an idea to allow plugins to just add actions to the popup menu
instead of connecting to the context menu signal. But I don't know much
about that too.