IProjectFileManager::import and parse

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jun 23 14:59:29 UTC 2007

On 23.06.07 16:45:21, Roberto Raggi wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Il giorno 23/giu/07, alle ore 16:09, Andras Mantia ha scritto:
> > Right now the behavior looks like how Matt described: import
> > creates (and
> > parses) the top level directory, "parse" is used to parse the rest
> > of the
> > project and create the Project*Item object.
>
> hmm.. something is wrong :-) maybe it's a bug I have introduced when
> I ported the Project manager to Qt4/KDE4. I started to work on
> KDevProjectManager in akademy (N years ago) together with Harald and
> Alexander. I was trying to fix the most annoying bug we had in
> KDevelop 3.0 (at least for me). Refresh the project after a "cvs up".
> I don't know if the problem is fixed in 3.4, but 3.0 forces you to
> close and reopen the project. Not very intuitive.

I don't know what happens to qmake or automake projects, but for custom
makefile it is solved nowadays (although indirectly).

> Of course, the
> solution to the problem is trivial, we need a method for the "initial
> import and setup" (i.e. import()) and a method for the incremental
> update (i.e. parse()).

Well, that makes sense to me. I think we should change our interfaces
and implementations to this behaviour (back). Although that would mean
bringing back the threaded import-job sooner or later (hi Matt ;)

> It was working great! we had the incremental
> Automake project manager working in few hours(actually it was working
> on Alexander's laptop, my distro was buggy and kdevelop was crashing
> quite a bit :-).

Then this was never comitted to svn or you indeed mixed that up during
Qt4 porting. In particular automake manager does nothing for parse() it
does however parse the whole tree on import().

And I agree with Matt the method name should be changed...

Troubled day for virgins over 16 who are beautiful and wealthy and live
in eucalyptus trees.