[KDev3.4] Adding additional but *important* message to stable branch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jul 18 17:12:21 UTC 2007

On 17.07.07 18:26:16, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 July 2007 18:05:19 dukju ahn wrote:
> > I think bug freeness is more important than translation. In svn+ssh case,
> > it is considered as bug by users although it's not a bug.
> > And who is release team exactly?
> Matt is the release coordinator for the 3.4 releases.
>
> > Wasn't Matt maintainer of kdevelop?
> Yes, but I am the one doing the bi-weakly binary snapshots release.

Which is just a service from us, those are not official releases and are
not adapted by distro's.

> AFAIK mattr has not released any KDevelop 3.4.x version yet.

I think he released 3.4.0 (or was that you as well?)

> The question is, should we officially release 3.4.2 in the begining of August
> and Kdevelop 3.4.3 together with KDE 3.5.x in October, or just release with
> KDE in October and just keep releasing binary snapshots ?

The latter, IMHO. We get that release for free and I don't think anybody
has time to do an extra KDevelop3 release.

> I would prefer to do an intermidiate release, after all more than 28 bugs have
> been fixed since 3.4.1.

Well, I hate statistics that I didn't fix myself (not sure if that
translates well into english) :)

Did you check how many of those where closed by a commit? I don't think
all of them where and IMHO its too few to justify the extra effort for
another release.

You may be infinitely smaller than some things, but you're infinitely
larger than others.