3.4 First Impressions (repeat)

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at swipnet.se
Sun Jan 28 02:53:52 UTC 2007

On Sunday 28 January 2007 01.25.39 Nick Savoiu wrote:
> What's the status of development now? Is all new code to go into 4.0?
> Or are updates to 3.4 still OK (i.e. code will be transferred into 4.0)?

As Andreas said, we will be releasing 3.4.x releases with bugfixes and modest
feature additions. Wether any of those will go into KDevelop4 is a different
matter.

> I was thinking of getting my feet wet with KDevelop development by adding
> a feature that I have longed for: a keyboard shortcut for "next item"
> in the FindInFiles toolview.

Cool! I was last bemoaning the lack of this feature just hours ago. :)

What kept me from just adding it was the realization that we're short on good
shortcuts and we have several outputviews that would benefit from keyboard
navigation.

So here's what I propose:
We pull the F4/shift+F4 shortcuts from the MakeWidget and put them in the
mainwindow. Then we use Qt's invokeMethod to call slotStepNext() /
slotStepPrevious() on the currently active outputview and implement these
slots on all outputviews that we feel need stepping.

How does that sound? I think that would give us what we want with minimal
effort and would function in an intuitive way.

// Jens