If you're not working on KDevelop 4, you should be

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Tue Feb 20 20:07:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> I think it makes sense to keep the branches separated altough there
> will no longer be KDevelop 3.3.x releases.
> But KDevelop 3.3.x is still important because it has a very low KDE
> requirement, it can be used in older computers.

I disagree. Users with older KDE version can stick to KDevelop 3.3.5 and
thats all. I did not reply to the i18n thread, but IMO the sane way is
merging everything from 3.4 branch to the branches/KDE/3.5 and let the
translators translate them. Of course they should give the approval,
but from KDevelop 3.x's future, this is the most saner way to go. No
need to keep an eye on an outdated branch and development can focus on
KDevelop 4 and KDevelop 3.4 (for bugfixes, optimizations or small
features if someone wants to spend time there), but there is no need to
worry about releases or anything like that. It gets released when a new
KDE is released and that's all. And the current KDE 3.5.x series have a
more relaxed policy regarding new features and strings in the stable
branch, so unless someone really plans a big change in the near future,
I see no reason keeping the 3.4 branch.

Andras