Please add a style hint to make the tab direction in dock widgets configurable

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Sep 4 19:39:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

The KDevelop 4 group has been monitoring the tab feature in recent
QMainWindow/QDockWidget snapshots of Qt 4.2.  We have a couple of suggestions
for things we'd like to see:

1.  How about a style hint to make the tab direction vertical like in KDevelop
3's IDEAL mode.  I saw this in an earlier snapshot, but recent ones seem to
be all horizontal at the bottom.

2.  We would very much like a programmatical interface to the tab bar feature
in QMainWindow.  I understand this is coming for Qt 4.3.

Hopefully the style hint ( at least for non-MacOSX && non-Windows ) can be
available for 4.2.

Thanks,

Adam Treat