project views in 3.4

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed May 31 17:40:12 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 20:25, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 20:06, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > >
> > > I never heard about such bug in Quanta, but I know I did some
> > > KMDI startup "magic" to workaround some bugs, so it might be that
> > > this was "fixed" there as well.
> > > I just tried it and if I remove a toolbar it doesn't show up
> > > after the next restart. I tried the same with the Debugger
> > > Toolbar in KDevelop and it appears after a restart. :-0 And this
> > > is with simple ideal mode.
> >
> > I've looked briefly at this. We call
> > KMainWindow::aplyMainWindowSettings at the startup. Isn't it
> > supposed to restore the toolbar layout?
>
> Hm, there is some problem there as there are several ways it is used:
>
> saveMainWindowSettings( KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow" );
> applyMainWindowSettings( KGlobal::config(), "MainWindow" );
>
> and
> KConfig *config = kapp->config();
> applyMainWindowSettings(config, "Mainwindow");
> saveMainWindowSettings(config, "Mainwindow");
>
> See the capitalization and I'm not sure the config object is the
> same.

Ok, no real problem with the config object, but I changed the first one
to use autoSaveGroup() instead of just another MainWindow with
different capitalization

Some checks shows: the debugger toolbar appears even if its turned off
(the rest obey the user's will).
The Project Views toolbar (which should be renamed to Session Views now)
does the same.
So it is definitely a problem in the plugin's code or that it is loaded
*after* the applyMainWindowSettings call.

Andras